Before reading further, ask yourself these questions:
“Am I a forward-thinker? Am I a team player?”
If so, Trenton Forging Company may be the place to establish your lifelong career as an Accountant!
As an accountant at Trenton Forging, you will provide financial decision-making information by collecting, analyzing, and reporting revenue and cost data; work with department managers to analyze cost variances.
1. Establish standard costs by collecting operational data and performing material/labor cost analysis
2. Maintain general ledger accounts by:
a) entering amortizations of prepaid accounts
b) analyze accrual accounts and adjust monthly journal entries as necessary
c) determine monthly entries for fixed asset depreciation
d) reconcile long-term debt balance
e) reconcile A/R and A/P sub-ledgers to general ledger
3. Reconcile RM, FG and WIP inventory balances to the G/L
4. Assist with periodic cycle counts and complete physical inventory counts
5. Prepare financial statements and monthly financial report identifying key transactions and variances
6. Prepare monthly bank covenant compliance schedules
7. Prepare departmental cost center statements comparing current, budget and prior year data, and review with department managers.
8. Prepare individual gross margin analysis by part number, customer etc.
9. Involvement in the annual budget process, meeting with department managers, compiling budget data.
10. Research manufacturing variances and PPV
11. Manage entire accounts payable process including cash forecasting
12. Post deposits for customer remittances
13. Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
14. Prepare monthly use tax calculations.
15. Assist with year-end audit/review.
16. Computer data entry and extensive phone usage.
17. Other duties, as assigned.
Four-year degree in Accounting.
• Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience, 4 years preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Experience with PLEX ERP system is helpful, but not required.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
Trenton Forging offers a competitive benefits package to our full-time employees. These benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, STD/LTD, and 401(k). Additionally, we offer paid time off and paid holidays.
We ask that you please submit any salary requirements with your application/resume. Thank you!
To learn more about our company culture, click here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job
Back to Job Listings