Hammer Shop Utility Operator
Before reading further, ask yourself these questions:
“Am I a forward-thinker? Am I a team player?”
If so, Trenton Forging Company may be the place to establish your lifelong career! Become a Hammer Shop Utility Operator today!
Must be highly proficient on all jobs of the Hammer Crew line and lead a crew to perform all jobs on the line, as necessary.
* Must have a thorough working knowledge of swabbing, hot trim, hot pad, hot rack & roll reducer positions, including set-up/adjustment.
* Able to read job set-up spreadsheets for roll reducer.
* Must have a thorough working knowledge of induction units.
* Must know how to set up the hammer using correct SMED procedure.
* Have basic knowledge of hammer and be able to perform basic maintenance necessary to maintain safety, output, and quality at all times.
* Must be able to follow directions for set-up and operation.
* Hi-Lo driving, as necessary.
* Working knowledge of hand tools: wrenches, sockets, etc.
* Able to read micrometers, calipers, etc.
* Strong communication skills.
High school degree/GED equivalent; plus two years of skilled trades experience preferred.
* 2-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a steel forging setting, but not required.
* Must be able to stand 100% of the time, often 10 hours per day.
* Must be able to lift 50lbs, at least 30 times daily.
* Must be able to lift 20lbs, at least 40 times daily.
* Twisting, turning, reaching, bending, climbing, holding arms at shoulder height for an extended period of time are all required.
* Must be able to tolerate extreme heat in the summer months.
Trenton Forging offers a competitive benefits package to our full-time employees. These benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, STD/LTD, and 401(k). Additionally, we offer paid time off and paid holidays.
To learn more about our company culture, click here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job
Back to Job Listings