Before reading further, ask yourself these questions: “Am I a forward-thinker? Am I a team player?” If so, Trenton Forging Company may be the place to establish your lifelong career as a maintenance mechanic!
* Ensure the operation of machinery and mechanical equipment, perform preventative maintenance, troubleshoot mechanical issues by locating problem sources, removing defective parts, and installing replacement or new machinery.
* Perform preventive maintenance on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines using diagrams/sketches/operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications.
* Troubleshoot all machinery malfunctions by location source of problem(s) through observation of mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems and using precision measuring and testing instruments.
* Remove (dismantle) and examine defective parts.
* Install replacement / new machinery parts as needed.
* Fabricate repair parts by using Machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
* Monitor compliance and control downtime when performing routine preventive maintenance.
* Attend educational workshops, review technical publications as needed.
* Maintain a safe and proficient working environment.
* May work independently and as part of a team.
* 40-55+ hours per week.
* Perform other duties, as assigned.
* High school diploma, with trade school experience preferred.
* 2+ years experience in reading blueprints and schematics.
* Working knowledge of hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straight edges to adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments.
* Working knowledge of rules, calipers, micrometers and other measuring instruments for determining changes in dimensional parts.
* Strong troubleshooting/critical thinking skills to diagnose root causes and repair the issues.
* Usage of a variety of tools and diagnostic devices to service and install electrical parts.
* Must be able to work in tight spaces and elevated positions
* Twisting, turning, bending, and holding arms at/above the head are all common movements
* Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
COMPANY PROPERTY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Tools: channel locks, pipe wrenches, pliers, side cutters, screwdrivers, air-operated tools, grinders, cut-off wheels, socket wrenches and sets (metric and standard), Allen wrenches (American and metric), hammers, chisels and measuring tapes.
Trenton Forging offers a competitive benefits package to our full-time employees. These benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, STD/LTD, and 401(k). Additionally, we offer paid time off and paid holidays.
To learn more about our company culture, click here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job
Back to Job Listings